MINDFUL DESIGN- WOMEN
Our values: To be ethical and environmentally responsible in the design and manufacturing of our clothes.
Who we design for: The EMAAN Woman is confident in her identity but doesn’t feel the need to flaunt it- her character and actions speak for themselves. She juggles many roles but at the end of the day she only serves One.
We design our clothes for the Muslim woman at various stages of her life. Whether she is studying, working, has children or is none of the above- our clothes are designed to accommodate you throughout it all.
We design our women’s clothes to be:
- Modest: Our designs flatter the figure without showing it off. We don’t create our clothes for the male gaze or society’s expectations of you. We create pieces just for YOU, that will make you feel comfortable in your own skin. Our clothes are designed to remind you that despite the labels people put on you, you don’t need to prove anything to anyone, you only need to prove yourself to Allah. Having said this, modesty is not exclusively for Muslim women, rather it is universally valued throughout time and so our clothes are for anyone who appreciates them.
- Timeless: We create timeless and classic designs that outlast trends. The culture of cheap fast fashion is harmful to the environment and people. We want to show you how to buy less, and buy well by investing in a few great pieces that will last long and never go out of fashion.
- Tailored to your size: Most designs are available in sizes 8-24 (XS-XXXL). We try our best to create pieces that cater for different body shapes whether you’re petite, curvy or neither. You can see our sizing guide here.
- Versatile & practical: We believe your clothes should make your life easier and adapt to your needs over time. That’s why we ensure that the majority of our clothes have the following:
- Wudhu friendly sleeves
- Breastfeeding-friendly bust
- We also try to make a few maternity friendly pieces throughout the year.
MINDFUL DESIGN- MEN
MINDFUL DESIGN- CHILDREN
We don’t want us or our customers to be complicit in the poverty and oppression many garment workers face around the world, or the environmental damage that the clothing and textile industry is responsible for. That’s why we’re committed to making our garments as ethically as possible. A part of that is being transparent with our customers about where and how we make our products.
Materials: We’re gradually transitioning from synthetic fabrics to natural, organic materials that are friendlier to the environment. We also turn offcuts into new products such as scarves, scarf liners and sashes instead of adding it to landfill.
High quality & craftsmanship: Cheap clothes often compromise on quality, but we want our clothes to last long. That’s why we take time to ensure our products are made with the best quality. We believe clothes are an investment, and you get what you pay for.
Our manufacturers: We work with manufacturers that give fair wages and work conditions.
Located in Instanbul, Turkey, Ustunsoy Tekstil is a leading garment manufacturer in Turkey that makes our womens, mens and childrens clothing since 2018.
Watch a video of their operations & factory here: